Simply put, psychotherapy will help you find solutions to emotional, behavioural, and relational problems that are too difficult to overcome or resolve by yourself. Through the process, you will find inner strength and personal awareness. You will develop the skills required to rise to life’s challenges with grace and dignity - often reclaiming a sense of joy and meaning in your life.
Leading through experience
• More than 20 years experience specializing in individual, couple and family counseling
• Masters Degree in Couple and Family Therapy (M. Sc. University of Guelph)
• Bachelors with Honours in Psychology (BA, University of Waterloo)
• Bachelors of Education (B.Ed., University of Windsor)
• Registered with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO, #002771)
• 7 years dedicated exclusively to working with youth in high school and children's mental health settings. 12 years with nonprofit mental health agencies.
• Other experience includes hospital psychiatric outpatient and private practice settings
Finding your path
I am a compassionate listener with 20+ years of experience. I will help you gain clarity and awareness so that you may set specific goals to enhance your wellbeing. Together we will discover and implement a clear plan of action that draws on your strengths, sharpens your skills, and sets you confidently on the path of your choosing.
I provide an eclectic approach drawing on family systems theory, developmental theory, and attachment theory. I am trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, Self-Compassion and Family Systems Techniques. I specialize in assisting individuals struggling with symptoms of depression, anxiety, and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). I am skilled at helping couples in conflict and those who are detached and lacking intimacy. I enjoy working with adolescents both individually and with their families. I am sensitive to the unique needs of individuals belonging to the LGBTQIA community.
Ready to take the first step?
My office is located in the east end Toronto neighbourhood of The Beach,
at the corner of Queen Street East and Beech Avenue (above Wholsesome Market).
I offer a variety of services including :
• Individual, Couple, and Family Therapy in private practice
• Workshops and seminars in Self-Compassion/Mindfulness
• Private/Group Mindfulness Walking Therapy in The Beach neighbourhood
• Equine-Assisted Self-Compassion Workshops with my colleague, Jane Everitt-Walker, at the "Heart of the Horse" in Southwestern Ontario.